The SAA Call for Co-Sponsors will be open March 1 - March 24, 2017. Applicants will be contacted after March 24. The next SAA Call for Co-Sponsors will be held in September 2017. So whether you've hosted SAA courses before or are interested in hosting one for the first time, complete this short survey to be considered!
- Timely education delivered by experienced faculty and practicing archivists
- Cost-savings—eliminate travel expenses and receive discounted registration for your employees
- Convenience—SAA handles many pre- and post-event tasks
- $25 discount off the nonmember registration rate to staff members of the hosting institution
- Scheduling an SAA instructor and covering honorarium and travel-related expenses
- Processing registrations and exams
- Providing instructional materials, including handouts and readings, name tags, and Continuing Education Certificates for registered attendees
- Marketing through our mailing lists, in In the Loop, in our monthly Education eNews and via SAA's social media accounts
- Meeting/classroom space
- A/V equipment as needed**
- Beverages (e.g., water, tea, and coffee) for breaks
- Marketing of the course to their contacts, mailing lists, and professional networks
*Hosts receive one complimentary course registration if the above is provided at no cost to SAA.
Aspects of the Hosting Experience That Previous Hosts Found Most Valuable:
- "Cost effectiveness"
- "SAA handling most of the logistics"
- "Our own members can attend at a time and place that is convenient because many of them also attend our conference."
- "Registration, packets, and certificates were handled by SAA. One less step for our organization."
- "As the Education chair, I appreciate that SAA handles the travel/lodging/registration logistics."
- "Raising education level locally"
** Each course has different A/V requirements; see the specific course listing in the Course Catalog for more information.
To express interest in hosting or for other questions regarding SAA's educational programs, contact us at education[at]archivists.org.