Co-sponsoring courses and workshops is easy and includes great benefits, including:
- Timely education delivered by experienced faculty and practicing archivists
- Cost-savings—eliminate travel expenses and receive discounted registration for your employees
- Convenience—SAA handles many pre- and post-event tasks
- $25 discount off the nonmember registration rate to staff members of the hosting institution
- Scheduling an SAA instructor and covering honorarium and travel-related expenses
- Processing registrations and exams
- Providing instructional materials, including handouts and readings, name tags, and Continuing Education Certificates for registered participants
- Marketing through our mailing lists, in In the Loop, in our monthly Education eNews and via SAA's social media accounts
- Provide a meeting space for the course/workshop
- Provide A/V equipment as-needed**
- Provide beverages (e.g., water, tea, and coffee) for breaks
- Market the course/workshop to their contacts, mailing lists and professional networks
*Co-sponsors receive one complimentary course/workshop registration if the above is provided at no cost to SAA.
Aspects of the Co-Sponsor Experience that Previous Hosts Found Most Valuable:
- "Cost effectiveness"
- "SAA handling most of the logistics"
- "Our own members can attend at a time and place that is convenient because many of them also attend our conference."
- "Registration, packets, and certificates were handled by SAA. One less step for our organization."
- "As the Education chair, I appreciate that SAA handles the travel/lodging/registration logistics."
- "Raising education level locally"
** Each course/workshop has different A/V requirements; see the specific course/workshop listing in the Course Catalog for more information.
To express interest in co-sponsoring or for other questions regarding SAA's educational programs, contact us at education[at]archivists.org.