Co-sponsoring courses and workshops is easy and includes great benefits:
- Staff training by experienced faculty and practicing archivists
- Cost-savings—eliminate travel expenses and receive discounted registration for your employees, without any fees
- Convenience—we handle all pre- and post-event tasks
- scheduling an SAA instructor and covering honorarium and travel-related expenses
- processing registrations and exams
- providing instructional materials, including handouts and readings, name tags, and Continuing Education Certificates for registered participants
- marketing through our mailing lists, in In the Loop, and on our social media accounts
Co-sponsors are asked to:
- provide a meeting space for the course/workshop
- provide AV equipment as needed*
- provide beverages (e.g., water, tea, and coffee)** for breaks
- market the course/workshop to their contacts and mailing lists
Co-sponsors receive one complimentary registration if the above is provided at no cost to SAA.
As an added benefit, we offer a $25 discount (off the nonmember price) to staff members of the hosting institution.
Aspects of the Co-Sponsor Experience That Hosts Found Most Valuable:
- "Cost effectiveness"
- "SAA handling most of the logistics"
- "Our own members can attend at a time and place that is convenient because many of them also attend our conference."
- "Registration, packets, and certificates handled by SAA. One less step for our organization to handle."
- "As the Education chair, I appreciate that SAA handles the travel/lodging/registration logistics."
- "Raising education level locally"
* Each course/workshop has individual AV requirements; see the specific course/workshop listing in the Catalog for more information. Note: We're updating the Catalog, so if a "Co-Sponsor Provides" section doesn't appear for a specific class, feel free to contact us for those requirements.
** If providing beverages is a concern, we are more than willing to help find a way to make it work.
To express interest in co-sponsoring (or for other questions regarding the co-sponsoring process), contact us at education[at]archivists.org.