DC 2006: Joint Annual Meeting of NAGARA, COSA, and SAA
July 30-August 5, 2006
Hosted by the SAA Membership Committee, the Career Center provides services and opportunities for both job seekers and employers. Career Center hours hours during the Joint Annual Meeting in Washington, DC, are:
Thursday, August 3, 2006 9:00am – 5:00pm
Friday, August 4, 2006 9:00am – 5:00pm
Also, don't miss our special Career Center mini-events!
The Career Center offers the following services and opportunities to individuals seeking employment:
- Place your resume on file for prospective employers to see at the meeting. Resume submission deadline is July 27 via email or fax at 312/347-1452. For more information, contact SAA Member Services Coordinator Jeanette Spears at 312/922-0140 or email@example.com.
- Review job announcements and meet with prospective employers. Wondering about what job opportunities are out there? Visit the Career Center to review job announcements placed on file by prospective employers and to meet and discuss available opportunities with prospective employers.
- Review and polish your resume with SAA members experienced in evaluating and hiring archivists. Just drop by with your materials. No appointments necessary!
- Consultation. Wondering about your career options? Drop by the Career Center to consult with an advisor about your career path. No appointments necessary!
- Educational programs. Want to further broaden your archival horizons? Come to the Career Center to find out about educational programs and professional development opportunities.
The Career Center will offer the following opportunities to organizations and institutions looking to hire an archivist:
- Job announcements. Place your job announcement on file for job seekers to see at the meeting. Submission deadline is July 27 via email or fax at 312/347-1452. For more information, contact SAA Member Services Coordinator Jeanette Spears at 312/922-0140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meet job seekers and potential employees. Employers who participate in the Career Center will have the chance to meet and speak with job seekers in an informal and relaxed setting. If you would like to reserve a table in the Career Center for some or all of the hours that the Center is open, please contact Jennifer Meehan at email@example.com before July 27.
Career Center Mini-Events
Meet-and-Greet with the U.S. Archivist
Thursday, August 3, 9:00–9:30 a.m.
This year’s Career Center will kick off Thursday, August 3, 2006, at 9:00 a.m. with a special “meet-and-greet” event featuring the Archivist of the United States, Dr. Allen Weinstein. Recruiters from the National Archives will also be on hand to answer questions.
Mentor-Protégé Coffee Break
Friday, August 4, 9:00–9:30 a.m.
Interested in exploring your career options with someone who’s interested in helping you? Want to share your experiences with a fresh young talent? Stop by the Career Center for coffee and learn about how SAA’s dynamic Mentoring Program can help you make the right connections.
We look forward to working with you! Good luck with your search.