If you are looking for a job, have a vacancy to fill, want practice interviewing, or would like to polish your resume with a peer advisor please visit the SAA Career Center at the 2016 Joint Annual Meeting.
Located in the Networking Cafe, the SAA Career Center will be open:
- Wednesday, August 3: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Thursday, August 4: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
- Friday, August 5: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
The 2016 SAA Career Center will offer:
- Handouts on resume building and cover letters
- Resume review by appointment
- General career consulting by experienced SAA members
- Posted job announcements
- A place to post your resume
- Mock interviews
- Digital preservation drop-in center for info on furthering a career in digital preservation
Employers who would like to have their positions posted or would like to meet with potential employees in the career center should contact the firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Offered new this year, SAA members can sign up for mock interviews. Please email Melissa Gonzales at: email@example.com. Interview appointments are limited – the deadline to request an interview is July 11th. Mock interviewers will be assigned to simulate an interview setting.
Offered again this year, SAA members can schedule an appointment in advance for consultation with a career advisor. Please email Meredith Lowe at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Appointments are limited - the deadline to request an appointment is July 11th.
Here is a link to a PDF of the current schedule of advisors. Take a look and plan to visit (or make an appointment with) advisors who seem most likely to be a good match for your needs. (Advisors listed on Sheet 1, Short bios on Sheet 2)
SAA Career Development Subcommittee
Annual Meeting referenced: