Dear Friends and Colleagues:
We hope you’ll join us in Atlanta, July 31 – August 6, for ARCHIVES*RECORDS 2016: The Joint Annual Meeting of the Council of State Archivists and the Society of American Archivists – your best opportunity all year to grow your professional knowledge and skills, stretch your imagination, expand your contacts and networks, look beyond your institution’s walls, and interact with colleagues in archives, records, and other information fields.
If you’ve attended a CoSA or SAA Annual Meeting, you know the excitement that comes from hearing about innovative approaches to archival activities, exploring new ideas, meeting new colleagues, and renewing friendships. If you’ve never attended – or haven’t joined us in recent years – prepare to be awed by the array of opportunities to learn, explore, collaborate, and celebrate the world of archives:
- In-depth pre-conference workshops and provocative plenary sessions that give you direct access to experts in the field and voices from beyond our professional circles. (We’re especially excited that our opening plenary on Thursday, August 4, will be a deep dive into the importance of diversity and inclusion in the archival record.)
- Exciting program sessions—choose from 70 of them!—that deliver the latest ideas and techniques in an environment in which you’ll feel comfortable asking questions.
- SAA section and roundtable meetings and CoSA work sessions that put you in touch with colleagues who share your specific interests and concerns and provide a venue for collaboration.
- Lots of time for networking so that you can exchange ideas and make new connections.
- The Expo—an unparalleled opportunity to talk with our industry partners, share your ideas and opinions, and learn what’s new in the field.
- And because we don’t believe in all work and no play, our enthusiastic Host Committee has lined up a diverse itinerary of repository tours, open houses, and on-your-own explorations and we’ve planned a “progressive” All-Attendee Reception that will take us from The World of Coca-Cola (where you’ll see heritage marketing at its finest) to the inspiring National Center for Civil and Human Rights just next door….
At ARCHIVES*RECORDS 2016, you’ll learn, network, and collaborate with colleagues from across the country (and around the world) who share your interests, concerns, and on-the-job challenges. You’ll benefit from our profession’s diversity of ideas, methods, and experiences – and we’ll learn from you.
Whether you’re a newcomer to the field, an experienced archives or records professional, or somewhere in between, you’ll revel in the opportunities available in Atlanta this August. We look forward to seeing you there!
CoSA President, 2015-2016
SAA President, 2015-2016
Annual Meeting referenced: