The ARCHIVES*RECORDS 2016 Program Committee invited submissions of "Pop-Up" session proposals at the CoSA/SAA Joint Annual Meeting in Atlanta, July 31 – August 6. Pop-Up sessions enliven the conference program by focusing on ideas and content that have "popped up" since initial proposals were due in November. Proposers were encouraged to think creatively to point attendees in new directions.
We then asked you, members and attendees, to vote on which Pop-Up session(s) you would most like to see presented at the conference. Thank you to all who submitted proposals and all who voted - the votes have now been tallied!
Congratulations to the following chosen proposals:
111. Archives and Digital Inequality
Speakers: Myles Crowley, Katharina Hering
211. Deconstructing Whiteness in Archives: Opportunities for Self-Reflection
Speaker: Samantha Winn
311. Archival Records in the Age of Big Data
Speakers: Richard Marciano, Bill Underwood
411. Practical Options for Incoming Digital Content
Speakers: Jody DeRidder, Alissa Helms
611. Improving Finding Aid Visibility: What Are Y'all Doing?
Speakers: Eileen Dewitya, Amelia W. Holmes
Follow the links to the conference online program to learn more about the session and how you can attend.
Annual Meeting referenced: